Building Design and Construction
• The Quantity Surveyor, (who had to step into the shoes of the original QS, due to illness) is finalising the estimate which will be reviewed by the consultant team on 28 February.
• The total estimated costs including the fitting out items, are being consolidated for presentation to the Trustees on 12 March and then at the forthcoming Forum now scheduled for 2 April.
• The recent church wide consultation over 8/9 February and the evening with the LIFE group on 18 February were helpful and encouraging. A number of practical issues were raised which are being considered by the architect.
• The detailed design is progressing with a view to issuing tender documents for pricing.
• Progress is being made on the audio-visual installation (sound system, screens, monitors and lighting), the kitchen and café and their interface with the Building Contract works.
• The design for the stage in the auditorium is presently being reviewed to ensure that it is both accessible and functional.
• The principles for operation of the Cafe are also progressing and the budget for Installation and Operation is now being finalised.
28 February – Review of QS estimate by consultation team
7 March – Prayer Central
12 March – Trustees reviewing costs
20 March – Building Prayer Meeting (12:30pm)
2 April – Church Forum