Child Evangelism Fellowship
DAVID COOK is serving God in leadership roles by chairing the National Committee of Britain, working with the European Advisory Group and on the International Board of Trustees in the USA.
The purpose of CEF is to evangelise boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, to disciple those who profess faith in Jesus in the Word of God and to establish them in a local church to enable them to grow in their faith.
CEF aims to “tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done.” (Psalm 78v4)
CEF trains men and women to evangelise and disciple the generation to come, produces materials to equip its workers, who look in faith to God to supply their needs for support.
In 2019, 3,723 CEF workers reached over 25 million children worldwide with the Gospel. More than 9 million children trusted Christ for salvation! We are praying that in 2020, with more workers, we will reach 27 million children …
In Britain, we currently have 8 workers. We know that “the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few” and so we “Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” (Luke 10:2). We are praising God that new people have recently applied to train to join the team in Britain.
Join us in praying:
· That God will raise up National Directors to lead the growing ministry in England, Scotland and Wales.
· That God will enable those enquiring to join the ministry in Britain to receive training to help them prepare to teach the Bible to boys and girls. In the next few weeks, we are preparing an online foundation course to prepare recent enquirers and volunteers to be ready for gospel ministry.
· In praying for the successful completion of the strategic plans for each of the workers and National Committee in August and for wisdom in the implementation of these plans in the months ahead as Britain emerges from the COVID-10 lockdown.
· In praising God for guiding, giving confidence and providing exciting opportunities to enable workers to deliver online direct ministry in Holiday Bible Clubs and Camps this summer.
Join with us:
· As we explore the possibility of a new, trained worker, currently leading CEF ministry in a sensitive country, who believes God is calling him to reach Arabic speaking families in Britain.
· And pray that God will guide the International Board of Trustees as we review a recent strategic assessment of CEF worldwide and consider ways forward to strengthen the outreach to children, the structure of the organisation and prepare to equip future leaders.
David Cook | Elder