When things get busy, how do you react? Write a list, delegate, or just bury your head in the sand? In Luke 5 we witness how Jesus responds.
“…the report of his power spread even faster, and vast crowds came to hear him preach and to be healed of their diseases. But Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer.”
New Testament scholar Darrell Bock reflects on these verses:
“In the quietness that comes privately after a rapid rush of events comes the solace and gaining of perspective that keeps Jesus close to God … Sometimes the best thing we can do in the midst of the rush of life is to slow down and listen to God … for what we need under
pressure is God’s presence and calming involvement in our lives.”
Church life can be hectic, so we invite you to press p a u s e. Together, like
Jesus, let’s make time to pray.
Miles Tradewell | Minister for Discipleship
- Monday 3 September: Lunchtime Prayer : 12:30pm at Woodbury Avenue
- Wednesday 5 September: Global Mission Prayer: 7:30pm at Woodbury Avenue
- Friday 7 September: Early Morning Prayer: 6:30am at Woodbury Avenue
- Monday 10 September: Prayer Central: 7:30pm at Woodbury Avenue
- 11-14 September: Small Groups meet together for prayer (various times/places)
- Saturday 15 September: Prayer at Building Site: 9:30am – 10:30am at Lansdowne Road POSTPONED
Leaflet at PDF